Date(s) - 08/19/2017
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Pima Community College
Parent U! is the Pima County Child Abuse Prevention Council’s annual parent conference. Join us for engaging workshops where you can learn about child development, build social connections and more.
Parent University Break-Out Sessions:
- Understanding Dad
- Can we Stop Disabling How our Children with Disabilities
- “How Should I Say This?” (Tips for Maintaining Relationships While Holding Difficult Conversations)
- Stepfamily Living – A Different Parenting Challenge
- Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP) for parents of school-age children – ages 6 through 12
- Parents as Sexuality Educators (Offered in BOTH English and Spanish)
- Building Resiliency in Families (Offered in Spanish)
- Understanding Family Values for Guiding Discipline (Offered in Spanish)
We are also including a class just for Grandparents raising/caring for their grandchildren!
Parent U is a FREE event for parents/caregivers of children of ALL ages
- Keynote speakers; Author Joni Rubinstein and UofA Women’s Asst. Volleyball Coach Charita Stubbs
- Breakfast and Lunch will be served
- Workshops will be available in English and Spanish
- Community Resources Tables from agencies all over Pima County
This class is fully booked.